lørdag 8. januar 2011
Happy New Year :)
Christmas is over, and we have a new year ahead of us :)
My Christmas was quite nice. I spent it with my boyfriend's family in Germany Only downside was that i was worried about getting sick over there like i did last time (and that didn't go very well at all.) Luckily i didn't get too sick, but I did get a little, most likely from my medicine. Also it was very tiering for me, because only my boyfriend's closest family speaks English. And even that's a rarity. So it's a lot of mental strain sorta speak. But all in all it was very nice, and it was fun experience :)
Then we celebrated New Year's with my family in Norway, which was also nice, but unfortunately we had a big snowstorm. We were planning on joining the parade (We have a parade where everyone dress up, and walk through the city.) but the weather was soo bad that even the fireworks were cancelled. The parade still went though, but not a lot of people participated. The good news is that 2 days later we still got our fireworks, and it lasted for 20 minutes! several thousands showed up to watch it. And for a small town, that's pretty good!
So we have only been about a week into the new year, and I have already gotten really sick, and had some unpleasant action. First of all, Our neighbor ran into our car backing out. At least my parents doesn't have to pay for the damages. Then my boyfriend and my mom was stuck at the airport for 10 hours! they could have easily come home in the meantime, but they had to stay just in case. The reason was a lot of snow, and the snow could stop at any minute and so on. So when my boyfriend finally decided to cancel his ticket back to Bergen, and then take a boat instead, they start to board the plane. "Yeeeeah, greeeaat." Luckily my dad talked them in to putting him on the plane. My mom on the other-hand had already re-booked, and was too fed up to go. Ruined a lot for her work, but she managed :)
Then the worst part happened a few days ago, but I won't go too deep into that. My dad had gotten so sick, that he fainted and hit his head really bad. He got a cut in the middle of his forehead into his skull. He had to get 5 stitches, and got a concussion. Luckily I hadn't gone back to Bergen yet, and I was able to help him get off to the doctor, and get my little sister off to school without "freaking her out". He is doing fine now, and I'm really happy about that. It was all very scary. So right now I have had enough action for a while :P But I am sure there is more to come..:p
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)

Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar