fredag 17. desember 2010

Christmas Preparations

Today I had decided i was going to be very productive. Buy all the last Christmas presents, and buy the last of the Christmas decorations.. Unfortunately that's not exactly how it went. For several days now my throat has been really swollen, and I have had problems swallowing. I have had this problem once before, and then the only thing that helped was Antibiotics (which I hate). And since i really hate doctors, i delayed it until today. But it thought it would be quickly over with. Well.. The medical system here in Bergen is a little more complicated than the system we have in Florø. I am used to that when u need an "emergency" appointment you call in, and then u get an appointment as soon as possible, depending on how big of an emergency. If there is no line, you just come as soon as possible. Well, here in Bergen you can't get an appointment. You just have to show up, and wait for your turn, depending on the severity of your illness/damage. So when I went there, I had to stay 30 minutes in line to be put in the system, and then I had to wait 3 hours to get in. And you never know if you're next or not, so u can't leave. I REALLY wish they had a number system.. So much could be approved there.
Anyways when it was my turn (FINALLY) I figure out nothing is technically wrong with my throat. It seems to be that I have gotten an infection in my body somewhere (a virus), and my body is trying to fight it off. In this process my lymph node in the throat area has swelled up, and giving me difficulties to swallow, and pain. All in all, its supposed to pass on its own.. If not, I have to go back, and theeen take a blood-sample ( really don't wanna do that of course!) and then probably a antibiotic treatment... So i really hope it goes away soon! Really don't like doctors.. :P

So by the time i was done with the doctor, it was already 4pm. And i was supposed to meet 2 of my best friends to exchange Christmas-gifts, and finish the Christmas-shopping before 6pm. Not a lot of time. I managed to get one Christmas present for my friend, exchange the gifts, and then buy a little Christmas decor for the tree.
Now this is the fun part of the day :D I bought little glass bulbs/balls, and I varnished (lakkerte) the insides, let them dry for a little bit, and i pored in glitter. And they look so good!! I love them :D And it was soo easy. (but kind of messy:P). So I am totally going back tomorrow to buy more of them. Going to decorate the whole tree with them! :)
Later today or tomorrow I am going to start making my origami snowflakes, and I'll post pictures of them as well :)

So here are me and my boyfriend's creations: ENJOY :D

These are the four colors I would like my tree to have. My perfect little tree :)

I think they are so beautiful, and they are so colorful and powerful in real life :)

Here we tried to mix to different colors. I like the one to the right better, but I like the pure colored onces a lot better :)
What do you think?? :) Please leave a comment :D

2 kommentarer:

  1. De va jo kjempefine:D likte de! greit å kunne si at du lage din egen julepynt:D

    kjedelig med alt lege greiene som du har vært på! det systemet der sucks! sånn e det i stavanger og! Men heldigvis for min del har eg jo flytta til sandnes så der får du klokke avtale!:P

    SvarSlett
  2. Ja, ikke sant^^ gleder meg sykt til å se dem på treet :D

    Ja, for en skikkelig wast of day... for vi drar snart, og dagene går så fort :O iik, må pakke! :P

    SvarSlett