tirsdag 7. desember 2010

A nice (Christmas) surprise :)

A few days ago I got a nice little surprise. I ended up getting a little extra money this month:D
The whole thing started with my last job here in Norway. I worked part-time in a toystore for a few months to earn extra money for my around the world trip. Now.. I am not sure if every country has this system or not, but in Norway we get something called vacation money. Usually you get 11-12% of what you earned that whole year as vacation money the next year during summertime. Sometimes you get it after quitting/leaving your job, but then it gets taxed. So when i left my job to go on the world trip, I did not receive any vacation money. So a year and more passed, and I still did not receive my vacation money. Honestly I had forgotten all about it until a few months ago, so I am kind of glad i remembered!
So I went to ask my previous boss about this, and in his papers it said that I had received my vacation money well over a year ago. So I asked him to check with his accountant etc. to double check, because who knows. I might have overlooked something. Which i was starting to think, but I couldn't make sense of it. So my boss went from being 100% sure to 30% sure that i had received my money. And guess what?? they ended up agreeing that something had gone wrong in the process and I had not received my money after all. There was something wrong with the papers that just didn't make any sense. So I am really glad I went with my guts. So now I am getting a lot of extra money for Christmas which I am really pleased about. Who wouldn't be!? :D

So.. Now that I have all this extra money... what will I do with it? At first i wanted to save it, like I usually do, and maybe use a little bit for Christmas presents.. (I am really terrible at using money on myself, I just save, save, save. I like to be prepared for the worst). But this time I am actually going to treat myself to a well overdue appointment with the hairdresser. I have been saving for long hair for a long time now, but lately I have had big problems with my hair. It is getting so tangled up that I have to use a lot of force to get them out, and in the process i end up ripping out big chunks of hair.. not good at all. So now I am going back to a shorter hair due. I am excited and sad about it, because I really wanted to have long hair for once, but I guess I am not really cut out for that. So my new hair due will most likely be a shorter type of inverted bob. Something like this:

I know I will look good like this, so I am not afraid of such a big "change". (unless i get a really terrible hairdresser of course!). So lets hope everything goes as planned tomorrow! Going to miss my hair though.. but I will look really stylish! :D

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar