Today my boyfriend and I went Christmas shopping, which wasn't 100% successful... I am a little picky, I must say. This is the first time I am really decorating my own place, so I want to do it good. I don't want to buy Christmas decoration just to buy and then ending up throwing it away the next year because it broke or I realised I didn't like it after all. So our mission today was to buy a nice cloth for our round table, and some nice pillows. Well.. Norway is seriously expensive, so the only ones i liked were way to expensive. So we didn't end up buying a cloth or pillows.. :P
Buuuuuuut, we got some REALLY nice decorations for our future Christmas tree. They were also very expensive, but totally worth it. I got the inspiration from my Grandparents Christmas tree. I have always loved the way they decorate it. And the type of decoration is really hard to find, and very expensive.
So I got the cones you see in the top photo, and i am going to buy those bells in the second photo. I also bought little hearts with white/silver frost on the top. I think they are extremely beautiful, and I want to buy a lot more in this style. For Christmas tree I have always preferred colors in red, blue, green and yellow/gold, and mayb a little white or silver. So those are the colors I am going with so far. I am still missing a lot for the tree, but I will get them little by little. :) In addition we bought a hobby knife so I can make origami snowflakes, and I can't wait to start that! Origami is the traditional art of paperfolding. Commonly seen as Cranes/Swans or hats. Well mine are going to be snowflakes and maybe some hearts and stars.
In Norway (and probably everywhere else :P) it's very common to bake gingerbread cookies. So the other day i bought a heart shape and a star shape to make nice figurines. And they really out of the ordinary! So I can't wait to bake gingerbread cookies and decorate the place with those beautiful shapes.. (of course if my boyfriend don't eat them all ;)). Also we made a gingerbread house a few days ago, and we might go even more creative next time. I once made a gingerbread castle/fort with one of my best friends, and it was sooo much fun. And the whole thing looked really great. So maybe me and my boyfriend will go for something like that. Or maybe a little train. Well this will be the first Christmas since I was little that I am in the creative mood, so I hope it will stick :) I am finally starting to like Christmas again, which I will talk about later.
That's all for now :) Hope everyone is as excited about Christmas as I am!

Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar